Summer School Units of Study 2022 Curriculum
Reading * Writing * Phonics
For Rising Grades 1-6, available by subscription
The Summer School Units of Study for rising Grades 1–6 are designed specifically for teachers with background in workshop teaching to help them bring the responsive tools and methods they use all year long into their summer school classrooms to help kids prepare for the year ahead.
The units offer students the intense tutoring and support they need to engage as members of lively, literate summer school communities. Digital minilessons allow teachers flexibility in how they teach. They may use the minilesson videos to introduce what’s being taught each day to the class and then focus their energy and attention on conferences and small group work during independent work time, or they may use the videos as models for their own teaching of minilessons.
Each of the grade-level subscriptions in the TCRWP Summer School Curriculum includes the following:
Student-Facing Minilesson Videos
All of the minilessons in these new units have been video recording by TCRWP Staff Developers.
Intro Videos for Teachers and Caregivers
A short introductory video and planning chart at the beginning of each unit offer teachers guidance. Each unit also includes a Parent/caregiver video.
Any resources referenced in the videos are available to download. Assessment resources include virtual on-demands and more.
- TCRWP Virtual Summer School Curriculum, Grade-Level Subscriptions, Rising Grade 1 – Rising Grade 6 offers a complete summer school curriculum that can be adapted for any timeframe.
- Trade Book Packs for grade-level subscriptions are available for purchase through Heinemann. See the Trade Books List for required books and additional recommended books.
- Subscriptions available for preorder starting February 16. Content available on May 2.
- NOTE: Unlike the UOS 2021-22 Virtual Teaching Resources subscriptions, you do not need to register print units In order to access the summer school cun-icutum subscriptions.
Units Included for Each Grade-Level Subscription
This chart lists the unit titles included in the TCRWP Virtual Summer School Curriculum for each grade.
For detailed descriptions of the units that make up each grade-level subscription, please see the Overview. Note that all units in the grade-level curriculum are also available as individual modules to support flexible implementation.
This chart demonstrates suggested daily schedules for the Virtual Summer School Curriculum, including a schedule for Rising Grade 1–Rising Grade 3 and two schedule options for Rising Grade 4–Rising Grade 6.
Student Minilesson Videos
Teacher Videos and Parent/Caregiver Videos
Rising Grade 2 Writing Unit:
Writing Teeny Adventures
Rising Grade 1 Writing Unit:
Rising Grade 4 Reading/Phonics Unit:
Biography Book Clubs
Rising Grade 3 Writing Unit:
Writing Series Fiction
Rising Grade 5-6 Writing Unit:
Narrative to Argument Writing
Rising Grade 4-5 Reading Unit:
Reading Series Fiction
Frequently Asked Questions
Select a question to reveal or hide the answer.
What is included with each Grade-Level Subscription?
What sequence of instruction does this curriculum follow?
How can teachers use these videos?
How do the subscriptions work and how are orders fulfilled?
Which trade books are required to teach this Summer School Curriculum?
Will these resources be compatible with our systems?
Please review all the Subscription Details below before requesting a quote and placing an order.
An accurate recipient email address for your order is required—the email address provided will receive the subscription activation codes when the order is fulfilled. This recipient will be responsible for distributing the codes to teachers and for keeping a record of who received the codes in case there are any future questions.
Please read the entire Summer School Subscriptions Terms and Conditions and be sure to note the following information:
- Subscriptions are active from May 2 (or date of purchase if later than May 2) until September 2.
- Each teacher needs their own subscription: Subscriptions are not shareable or transferrable.
- Teachers do NOT need to have the print UOS resources registered to their Online Resources in order to use these subscriptions
- If you are the email recipient who will receive the keycodes when the order is fulfilled but you are not the person who will be using the subscription, please DO NOT try registering the keycode to test it out—the keycodes are only valid for the number of subscriptions that were purchased and registering it to test it out will use up one of the activations you’ve purchased.
To place a preorder with a credit card, please purchase on the Heinemann website via the links below.